Code of Conduct, and Guidelines for BringItTM Last Update 12/29/2015
- BringIt challenges are games of skill. Winners are determined by the criteria stated in each contest’s rules. For each contest, winners are determined by the individuals who use their skill and ability to accumulate the most steps, activity minutes or other such “entries” into the contest. BringIt challenges consist of multiple game types with varying rules and winning criteria. In many cases, these rules and criteria will be determined in advance by the Sponsor, and are not determined by us. You are responsible for reading and understanding the unique rules of the BringIt(s) you participate in.
- BringIt challenges may be one of the following types:
- Winner Takes All: In this type of BringIt the Organizer has established that one person can win the Pot.
- Share of the Pot: In this type of BringIt the Organizer has established that some number of winners will share the Pot.
- BringIt Payment (FP). Players can place their BringIt Payments (bet) in a single upfront payment using available funds in their BringIt account or a new credit card, a credit card on file, or a PayPal account. If the transaction is declined when billed, the player will be notified to update the payment information. A player may not participate in a BringIt which requires a BringIt payment until the payment is made and received by BringIt.
- BringIt Pots may be a blend of the BringIt Payments from all participating players, or in the case of contests conducted in Canada, the prize pool as determined and funded solely by the Sponsor in advance of the contest. With respect to BringIt contests conducted in Canada, you will not be required to make any payment to a BringIt Pot. At the end of each BringIt, the Pot for that round is rewarded to the winner or in the case of a tie split evenly among all the winners of that round.
- Refunds. Once a BringIt Payment has been placed and billed to the Players credit card and the BringIt challenge has started there are no refunds except for medical reasons, which require proper documentation as determined by KrowdFit. Documentation must be provided to KrowdFit for verification purposes. No refunds will be made after the game ends. No exceptions.
- Dropping Out. Under rare circumstances, you may be allowed to exit your BringIt without losing your BringIt Payment. Contact KrowdFit’s customer service department email@example.com to arrange this no later than two weeks before the BringIt ends.
- Initial Start Date. The BringIt begins on the Start Date, which is established by the Organizer. Note that players joining late do not get extra time at the end. Goals for the game are defined by the Organizer and are not able to be changed once the Start Date has passed.
- Winner Announcement. Final verified data will be synced with all approved Wearable Biometric Device manufacture APIs on the last day of the BringIt and all data published at that time will be final. It is the responsibility of the individual players to sync, upload or otherwise make their data available in a timely fashion using the tools provided by the device manufacturer.
- Auditing. KrowdFit uses random checks and algorithms to detect unusual activity within a game or across games and employs an auditing system where some players may be required to submit extra proof of their activity. If you are flagged by our system for an audit, you will be contacted my KrowdFit to further validate your data to our satisfaction. You may also be banned from playing again and subject to other penalties. We have a zero-tolerance policy on cheating.
- Players participating in a BringIt must have a compatible fitness tracker connected to their accounts. It is the player’s responsibility to maintain the tracker in good working order and connected to the KrowdFit platform.
- Players are responsible for ensuring that their fitness tracker has accurately synced with their KrowdFit account prior to the BringIt ending. BringIt results and data will not be modified after the BringIt has ended.
- Different trackers track steps differently it is the players responsibility to ensure your tracker is accurately recording and reporting your activity.
- Players caught engaging in any prohibited action shall be ejected at the sole discretion of KrowdFit. Ejected players shall not be entitled to a refund of FPs or purchases. The following actions are examples but not the extent or limitations of prohibited actions:
- Tampering with wearable device
- Not wearing your own wearable device
- Players selected as the winner(s) of the BringIt challenge will receive a notification within the site or app to “Claim Their Prize”. Participants must complete the claim process and complete the electronic Affidavit from KrowdFit. Once the Affidavit has been received by KrowdFit the winner(s) will receive their reward payment within 30 business days.
- Disputes. Decisions by KrowdFit shall be final.
Code of Conduct
- KrowdFit expects and requires fairness on the part of its players. To assure compliance with its standards, KrowdFit reserves the right to require additional post-game audit of results. As part of this audit program, some winning players may be required to submit additional proof of their final entry numbers within 24 hours of being requested to do so. Such testing must show the player’s entry numbers to be within 1% of the winning player’s previously submitted entry to confirm the player’s win. This testing may be accomplished through a Skype session with a KrowdFit official, an audit of data contained through the fitness tracker API, a review of historical performance, or the inspection of the user’s fitness tracker device and its configuration. Instructions on the process will be sent to the player upon being notified of this requirement. Non-compliance by a player with these requirements will result in forfeiture of a player’s winning proceeds and initial bet.
- Further, KrowdFit may in its complete discretion decline to permit any individuals to participate in its games. By enrolling in one of KrowdFit’s games, the player accepts all of KrowdFit’s terms and conditions and acknowledges that that the decisions of KrowdFit’s officials shall be final and conclusive with respect to all matters involving KrowdFit fitness loss games.
- SUBMISSION OF FRAUDULENT FITNESS INFORMATION NOT ONLY VIOLATES KROWDFIT’S GAME RULES BUT MAY SUBJECT THE PLAYER TO CRIMINAL PENALTIES.
Guidelines for Participating in BringIt challenges Safely
- KrowdFit is intended to give you a motivational boost, but it does not serve as a fitness program. We aim to make it fun to stay active but since we don’t know you personally we are agnostic as to how you should go about accomplishing your fitness goals. Everyone’s different and so we can’t advise you properly on how to achieve your fitness goals. In fact, we suggest developing a customized plan just for you with a registered dietician, nutritionist, trainer, or doctor. Note that we may recommend certain approaches and products from time to time on our site and in our emails but you should consult a professional before acting on our advice.
- Don’t forget that the point of the game is to improve your overall health and wellness. Don’t do dumb things just to win your BringIt challenge.
- BringIt Challenge
A BringIt Challenge is a contest to compete against a defined target related to steps, physical activity, or sleep over a set period of time. Players or Sponsors all place FPs into the Pot at the outset of the game. The Winner gets the Pot or in the case a “share-of-Pot payout structure the Pot proportionately.
- Wearable Biometric Device
A Wearable Biometric Device is a device that is compatible with KrowdFit.
- BringIt Payments (BP)
The BP for the round is collected by KrowdFit and kept in the Pot until the end of the BringIt. All BPs are collected via credit card associated with the Players KrowdFit account.
The Pot, minus KrowdFit’s Fee, is distributed to the winner(s) after KrowdFit finalizes the BringIt results, has announced the winner(s) and the winner(s) have returned their Affidavit to KrowdFit.